2 stabbed Close former Charlie Hebdo headquarters, terror Evaluation opens

Paris — France’s counterterror police started an investigation following a traumatic attack left two injured in the front of the former offices of the magazine Charlie Hebdo.

Two employees from the media bureau Premières Lignes are treated in the hospital after being assaulted on Friday morning whilst a smoke break onto the road away from the entrance to the office building. According to the manager of this bureau, the attacker struck the girl at the face before planning another blow to her male colleague’s throat. The latter put up his arm to shield himself was hurt in the arm. By Paris authorities, neither sufferers are in life-threatening danger.,

France’s counterterror prosecutor Jean-François Ricard took responsibility for the situation following two suspects were detained regarding the assault, including the assailant. Five other people have been put into custody by a judicial origin.

“A second person is arrested to confirm his connections with the major attacker,” Ricard told reporters.

According to the prosecutor, the assault has been treated as terror-related due to the location close to the prior Charlie Hebdo offices, and also the timing. The trial because of the 2015 Charlie Hebdo assault is now underway.

Ricard also talked of this”manifest will” of the defendant” to kill 2 individuals he knew nothing about.”

Editor-in-chief Paul Moreira of Premieres Lignes told ABC News he thought that the attacker had attempted to kill two young workers outside the offices formerly shared with Charlie Hebdo.

Premières Lignes has had offices in the building before the prior attack in 2015 and aided their colleagues during this episode.

Charlie Hebdo’s team tweeted its”support and solidarity to its former colleagues and neighbors at Premières Lignes and people affected with this heinous attack”

Prime Minister Jean Castex who traveled into the website of the attack told reporters that”while this attack had been completed in a symbolic location, and at precisely the same time since the trial of this January 2015 strikes is unfolding, I want to reiterate our unwavering attachment to media freedom, and our utter determination to fight terrorism.”

“I gave directions that all symbolic websites which have undergone strikes be shielded. In this holiday weekend to our Jewish compatriots, I asked for specific protection of the synagogues,” he added.

Darmanin also stated that the French armies’ function has helped decrease planned attacks that it is largely”isolated persons” that”commit terrorist actions.” He explained that 32 strikes were foiled in the last 3 years; an average of one a month,