NEW YORK — A high-profile tradition on terrorism against The New York Times which was a finalist for a Pulitzer Prize has been pulled as a competition entry in the aftermath of the paper stating the claims of a guy central to”Caliphate” couldn’t be confirmed.
In an announcement on Tuesday, the board of the Pulitzer Prizes stated that it”accepted the withdrawal of their entrance as a proper resolution of the issue.”
The 2018 podcast show, about a Canadian guy who stated he’d completed atrocities to the Islamic State in Syria, was appointed as a finalist at the global reporting group for 2019, that had been won by Reuters and The Associated Press.
However, the Times said last week, after the guy was detained in Canada in September for committing a terrorist hoax, it researched as well as the guy’s story did not hold together.
The newspaper had stated it would go back a Peabody award it’d won for”Caliphate,” along with the Overseas Press Club of America said it had been taking back an honor it’d depended on the podcast. The narrative’s central writer, Rukmini Callimachi, will soon probably be reverted off the terrorism rhythm, ” the paper said.