The Afon Eiddew from Bwlan The slopes of Bwlan and the deserted Eiddew valley above the waterfall of Pistyll Rhyd-y-meinciau. The Aran ridge is in the distance.
Beach towards Ballinskelligs
|Title||Council Offices, Elland. In Southgate, SE108209. An expression of civic pride when the Urban District Council was created c.1895.|
|Photo's author||Humphrey Bolton User stats Author's photos|
|Source||Wikimedia Commons image|
|Date||17 Aug 2005 00:00:00|
|Original size||640 x 489|
|Retrieved from source on|
|Camera model||OLYMPUS OPTICAL CO.,LTD / C300Z,D550Z|
|Exposure time||1/400 s|
|Focal length||6.0 mm|
Victoria Baths, Elland Currently known as Elland Pool, on Town Hall Street, HX5 0EB.
Victoria Swimming Baths, Huddersfield Road, Elland. These were built in 1901 near to the Town Hall (hence the pub next door called The Town Hall). On the wall is a drinking fountain with a memorial pl…
The Old Fire Station, Elland Mounted in the wall on Elizabeth Street; "Tate's Electric Fire Alarm, Break The Glass".
Victoria Swimming Baths, off Huddersfield Road, Elland An unusual design, with a narrow three-storey central block. The date 1901 is over the door. This main entrance is on Town Hall Street, which lin…
Providence Chapel, Elland Built in 1822 on Huddersfield Road.
Council Offices, Elland. In Southgate, SE108209. An expression of civic pride when the Urban District Council was created c.1895.
The Old Fire Station, off Southgate, Elland Now put to good use as a café. The large building to the right looks to have been industrial, with perhaps a water tank in the tower.
Derelict house, Timber Street, Elland. This building is in Post Office Yard off Timber Street. It has a door with moulded jambs and a Tudor arched head. Carved on the very deep lintel is a tressure co…
Stocks, Southgate, Elland. In the garden at the side of the Council Offices are stocks of the 17C or early 18C, which were moved from Huddersfield Road when the town gaol was demolished.
Council Offices, Elland Above the door is a shield with the dates 1317, when Elland was granted a charter, and 1895, when Elland became an Urban District Council.
Town Hall Hotel, Elland On Huddersfield Road, not far from .... the Town Hall!
Doorway to South House, Soughgate, Elland. South House, behind the Council Offices, has a door lintel taken from the prison; it is inscribed: 'Whoso keeps the law is wise'.