The Last Drop Village. Originally a cluster of farm buildings, this is now a hotel, restaurant, pub and street of little shops.
A Terrace of Houses, Hornsea, East Riding of Yorkshire, England. These splendid houses are seen from the car park and are close to the sea front.
|Title||Public Art, Thornton Square, Brighouse, Yorkshire. This was presented by the Rotary Club of Brighouse.|
|Photo's author||Humphrey Bolton User stats Author's photos|
|Source||Wikimedia Commons image|
|Date||10 Feb 2006 00:00:00|
|Original size||477 x 640|
|Retrieved from source on|
|Camera model||OLYMPUS OPTICAL CO.,LTD / C300Z,D550Z|
|Exposure time||1/100 s|
|Focal length||6.0 mm|
78 to 80a, Commercial Street, Brighouse Another case of a yard with slum dwellings, and perhaps one shop facing the street (as on the 1907 OS map), has been replaced by a distinctive block of shops.
44 and 46 Commercial Street, Brighouse On the 1907 1:2500 map these two buildings and Fulton's to the right look to be four similar with a central archway. The archway was probably where the smaller o…
The new post office, Wellington Arcade, Brighouse The Victorian post office in Park Street was suddenly closed without notice, and a few weeks later this new post office opened in what had been a vaca…
56 to 60 Commercial Street, Brighouse These three premises were certainly built as a block, each having an identical pattern of windows, with decoration over the first-floor ones. They are not on the …
72-6, Commercial Street, Brighouse A modern block on the corner with Hutchinson Lane.
82 -84, Commercial Street, Brighouse These two shops were built by c.1870 and jut forward into the pavement. The left one of the pair is part of a long row of shops taken over by a furniture store.
Bank and Town Hall, Thornton Square, Brighouse, Yorkshire. Barclays Bank is the earliest building in this picture, built in a typically dignified style in1875 for the Halifax Commercial Bank. The Town…
6 and 8 Market Street, Brighouse Built in brick like the redevelopment on the opposite side of Market Street. The grey concrete building behind is the Wellington development. The barber's shop is an o…
28 to 32 Commercial Street, Brighouse 28 and 30 (Oxfam) are part of the site of twelve small houses, along with the Bradford and Bingley Bank. The site was vacant in 1850 but built-up by c.1870. The s…
64 and 66 Commercial Street, Brighouse These are two of the oldest of the buildings in the street, being shown on the 1850 OS map. The archway leads into the yard at the back, which used to be hemmed …
1 to 5 Market Street, Brighouse A large block between Park Street and market Street was redeveloped in the 1930s. This included a Woolworth's store, facing Commercial street but with its side entrance…
68 and 70, Commercial Street, Brighouse More old buildings, probably the ones on the 1850 OS map, but disguised by painted walls and new windows, and of course the shop fronts. These may have been bui…
Barclays, Thornton Square, Fixby, Calderdale, West Yorkshire, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, HD6 1EF, United Kingdom osm
|Street address||Thornton Square|